We started by blessing and praising our great and wonderful God.
“Giving thanks unto the Father, who has enabled us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son: in whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: for by Him were all things created, that are in heaven…[and] in earth, visible and invisible…all things were created by Him, and for Him. And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.”
- Great is Your faithfulness, O God our Father.
“It is of LORD's [YHWH] mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”
The war in Gaza is still raging. Yet diplomatic efforts are in process today to work out a “cease-fire” between Israel and Hamas. And the IDF – while having hurt Hamas – has not yet dealt this terrorist organization that is dedicated to Israel's destruction, a death blow. If we have a cease-fire now, it gives Hamas time to re-arm, then they will attack Israel again, and we will have to go through warring against them – again.
- Lord, please overrule all plans that are not of You at this time.
“There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of LORD, that shall stand.”
- May the release of Gilad Shalit, Israel's captive soldier, be part of any resolution.
“It shall come to pass in that day, that LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and you shall be gathered one by one, O children of Israel.”
- Cause Israel to stick to her righteous demand that any deal includes a stopping of all arms smuggling into Gaza from Egypt and any other way.
- Hedge in Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni in America and Defense Ministry official Amos Gilad in Egypt from saying or doing anything that is not in Your will for Israel at this time.
- Abba, somehow prevent international forces from being placed in Gaza.
We then prayed for the actual war in Gaza. The IDF has had great success but has not yet accomplished its goal of securing Israel's southern communities from Hamas rocket and mortar fire.
“In that day shall LORD of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of His people, and for a spirit of judgment to him that sits in judgment, and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate.”
“Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered, let them also that hate Him flee before Him…
Rebuke the company of spearmen… scatter the people that delight in war…
O God, You are awesome out of Your holy places. The God of Israel is He that gives strength and power unto His people. Blessed be God.”
- Protect Israel's soldiers. May this verse be real to them:
“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for You are with me; Your rod and staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies…”
- Reveal and destroy all booby-traps.
“Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped. Our help is in the name of LORD, who made heaven and earth.”
- Send forth Your warrior angels to go with Israel's army.
- Abba, we are calling on You and trust You. Therefore, watch over this word:
“Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of LORD our God. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright. Save, LORD: let the king hear us when we call.”
- Thank You for the incredible success the IDF has had so far in this urban warfare to strike Hamas. Thanks for the success that Israel's Air Force and Navy have also had.
- Please watch over all of Israel's southern communities. Continue to give them strength and courage to stand in this day of battle.
- In the actual battle, reveal Yourself through Your Son to Israeli soldiers and the enemy. Restrain Hizbullah in Lebanon. Do not allow them to attack at this time.
Many think that the Gaza situation was manipulated by Iran to take the world's focus off of her drive for nuclear weapons. And just this week, America's CIA said that Iran is very close to accomplishing just that.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”
- Abba, if Iran gets a weapon of mass destruction, it will be very hard to have “thoughts of peace” in Israel. Please prevent this in whatever way You desire.
- Cause Israel to look to You and not to America or the EU at this time.
“Call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”
- Bring all of Iran's plans to “wipe Israel off the map” to nothing (Psalm 33:10-11).
- Give Israel a leadership that both recognizes this existential threat and has the courage to deal with it.
- Continue to use the plunging price of oil to hinder Your enemies.
“Thus says the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the nations, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to My servant Jacob. They shall dwell safely…build houses, and plant vineyards. Yes, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am LORD their God.”
- Use Iranian believers to stand in the gap against their nation's plans to destroy Your nation.
“And I will set My throne in Elam, and will destroy from thence the king and the princes, says LORD.”
So far, Israel is still on track to hold general elections February 10th.
- Abba, again we ask that You raise up a government through whom You can glorify Yourself (Psalm 115:1-3).
- Cause Israel's electorate to vote in large numbers.
- Remove all bitterness and disillusion from them as a result of the Gaza withdrawal.
- Give Likud and it's leader, Benjamin Netanyahu, an overwhelming victory.
- Raise up in the next Knesset [Israel's parliament] the sons of Zion (Zechariah 9:13).
- Because Kadima divided Your land – divide Kadima (Joel 3:1-2). Prevent them from even being a part of the next government coalition.
- Raise up a government that is more inclined to please You than America.
“Thus says LORD; Cursed be the man that trusts in man, makes flesh his arm, and whose heart departs from LORD…Blessed is the man that trusts in LORD, and whose hope LORD is.”
- Make Netanyahu a team player and surround him with an excellent team of counselors (Proverbs 11:14).
As we prayed for Israel's critical water situation, we realized that so many of God's promises of miraculous water supply occurred in the context of war!
- Father, we ask that You would supply all of Israel's water needs.
- Fill up the Kinneret, the Sea of Galilee – this very season.
- Let there be abundant snow on Mount Hermon and other places in Israel that will benefit from all this.
- Yet we ask that as long as the war in Gaza continues, You would keep that area dry.
“Have you entered into the treasures of the snow? Or have you seen the treasures of the hail, which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?”
“Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered. Let them also that hate Him flee before Him…You, O God, did send a plentiful rain, whereby You did confirm Your inheritance, when it was weary.”
(Psalms 68:9; also see Isaiah 41:11-20)
Next week, starting Monday evening the 19th until Sunday evening the 25th, IFI will be hosting and leading the International Prayer Conference at Ma'ale Hachamisha, just outside Jerusalem to the west. We will not be sending out a prayer alert next Friday but will be back the following week. Please keep this important conference in prayer.
- Abba, please bring the leadership team into a deep unity of the Spirit (Psalm 133).
- Also, we ask the same for the administration team.
- Protect our health and our families – both near and far.
- Please give us a fresh anointing to both pray and lead in corporate prayer.
- Help us to give directions for prayer – simply and with much clarity.
- Enable the leadership team to bring forth the messages that are on Your heart for this specific time in history.
- Be with each member oft he congregation that will gather there. Keep them in health and with a minimum of distractions.
- We ask that during this time especially, Your sheep hear Your voice (John 10:27).
- Bring all those whom You want to be here and keep away all those whom You want to be elsewhere.
- This year's theme seems so appropriate for the times we are living in:
“Arise, shine; for your light is come, and the glory of = LORD is risen upon you. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but = LORD shall arise upon you, and His glory shall be seen upon you”
We thank and bless you for being available for the Lord to use in intercession.
The IFI Team