- In the face of all the seeming opposition to God’s Kingdom purposes, we praised Him for His overriding sovereignty.
“LORD [YHWH] has prepared His throne in the heavens; His kingdom rules over all.”
“Why do the nations rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against LORD, and against His anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sits in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall He speak unto them in His wrath…Yet have I set My king upon My holy hill of Zion.”
- Abba, we praise You that You are never taken by surprise and You already have Your answer to all of man’s rebellion –
“Yet have I set My king upon My holy hill of Zion.”
- Although in a time of transition, Israeli Prime Minister Olmert is doing tremendous damage to this nation through his words and actions.
- Abba, block Olmert from doing any more damage as he tries to negotiate “peace” with Israel’s enemies.
- Do not give him any success in Turkey in tryiung to restart negotiations with Syria.
“For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity.” (Psalms 125:3)
- Lord, hedge him in that he can only do and say that which You approve.
- Raise up men and women in Israel’s parliament – the Knesset – who will resist what Olmert is doing.
- The continual bombardment of missiles from Gaza and Hamas’ refusal to renew the cease-fire are contributing to a very dangerous situation in the south of this country. Israel’s response – or lack thereof – is being guided by the current pre-election campaign and not by what is best for the nation or it’s people.
- Lord, direct Israel’s military response by Your timing and in Your way.
- Arise God and scatter Your enemies (Psalm 68:1).
- Do not allow political considerations determine what Israel needs to do today.
- Save us from this trap.
“Blessed be LORD, who has not given us as a prey to their teeth. Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.” (Psalm 124:6-7).
- Raise up the IDF for Your purposes and glory.
“My anger was kindled against the shepherds, and I punished the goats: for LORD of hosts has visited His flock the house of Judah, and has made them as His majestic battle horse.” (Zechariah 10:3)
- As per Your promise in Jeremiah 31:10, we ask for Your protection on all those Israelis within range of the terrorists’ rockets.
- Lord, You know our Defense Minister Ehud Barak. We ask that You block all of his ungodly and arrogant military plans to deal with the threat coming out of Gaza. Either give him Your mind or raise up a new Defense Minister who will release the IDF to defend this nation.
- Israel will being holding general elections February 10th, 2009. The Likud’s Benjamin Netanyahu is the frontrunner in all polls but he is beginning to say things that are not lining up with God’s plans.
- According to Your promises, we ask that You set good shepherds over this nation.
“I will restore your judges…and your counselors as at the beginning: afterward you shall be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.”
(Isaiah 1:26; see also Jeremiah 3:15; 23:3-4)
- We bless You for answering our pleas and bringing this nation to new elections.
- We also thank You that the elections are scheduled to happen right after IFI’s prayer conference.
“Lord, teach us to pray…” (Luke 11:1)
- Work in Netanyahu all You need to make him the leader Israel needs at this stage in history.
- Raise up a strong team of counselors to surround Bibi with wisdom and protection and make Nethanyahu both willing and able to hear what they say.
“Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counselors they are established.”
“Every purpose is established by counsel: and with good advice make war.”
- Protect the next government from politics as normal – and use them for Your glory.
- Cause multitudes to come out and vote. Heal them from the wounds of betrayal from past governments.
- Raise up “Sons of Zion” to replace this current government’s “Sons of Greece” (Zechariah 9:13).
- The water crisis continues, and although rain and snow is forecast for the end of the weekend, the long range prognostic is not good.
- Abba, please pour out the rain and snow on this nation – even in its unjust state (Matthew 5:45b).
- Watch over this word to perform it this winter:
“You God, sent plentiful rain, whereby You did establish Your inheritance, when it was weary.” (Psalms 68:9)
- Awaken the next government that the water situation needs priority treatment.
- Awaken the people to conserve water.
“If I shut up heaven that there be no rain…If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:13-14)We are praying and seeking Your face. Please God, open up the heavens.
- We are concerned about the direction the next American administration seems to be preparing to take with regards to Israel. President-elect Obama promised change, but so far all we see is old Bill Clinton left-overs – with even his wife Hillary as Secretary of State. Most of these folks – including the Jews – are no friends of Israel. You can say all day long that you are Israel’s friend – but if you force her to do things that are against God’s will – then you are actually her enemy.
- Lord, show the new administration the absolute futility of the “land-for-peace” process.
- Also show them the danger they put America in by forcing Your land to be divided.
“For, behold…when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for My people and for My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and divided My land.”
- Prevent US politicians from manipulating the Israeli elections.
- For America’s sake – raise up intercessors to stand in the gap for that nation (Ezekiel 22:30-31).
- Open up the eyes of Your Body in the US to see that so much of what America is going through – ecomonic shakings, natural disasters, gays coming out of the closet, abortions, etc. – is a result of America’s insisting on dividing this land.
“For the nation and kingdom that will not serve you [Israel when she is being restored] shall perish; yes, those nations shall be utterly wasted.”
(Isaiah 60:12; cp. Zechariah 12:9)
- We are in the final month of preparation for the Intercessors For Israel’s International Prayer Conference, and the spiritual opposition is increasing. We really appreciate your prayer support.
- Abba, please protect the IFI team and office – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
- Bring to the IPC all those whom You have ordained to be here.
- Provide all the finances both IFI and the delegates need.
- Give us clarity concerning targets for prayer.
- Give the leadership team guidnace concerning what messages to bring.
- Place Your anointing on both leaders and congregation for both times of pray and preaching.
We want to wish you a blessed holiday season, whether you are celebrating Christmas or Chanukah – or both!
Thank you for praying.
The IFI Team
“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given:
and the government shall be upon His shoulder:
and His name shall be called
‘Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God,
The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace’.
Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end,
upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it,
and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.
The zeal of LORD of hosts will perform this.”