We have a lot to praise God for – even in the midst of Israel’s very dangerous situation. The verses we started with is the final verses of this Shabbat’s readings from the prophets:
“But fear not, O My servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save you from afar off, and your seed from the land of their captivity. Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid. Fear not, O Jacob My servant, says LORD [YHWH], for I am with you. I will make a full end [a complete destruction] of all the nations where I have driven you, but I will not make a full end of you, but correct [and/or instruct] you justly; I will not leave you wholly unpunished.”
- We bless You Lord for watching over the prayer conference in such a wonderful way.
- We thank You that You are always so faithful to Your purposes for Your people – both Israel and the Church.
Because of Israel’s recent war in Gaza, Turkey’s current leadership has turned from being Israel’s ally into a vicious enemy. This has happened very suddenly and caused us to think on how quickly prophecies can come to pass. Is Turkey part of Gog’s allies who attack Israel – particularly Gomer and Togarmah (Ezekiel 38:6)?
- Lord, we ask that you help Your Body to be prepared for the days of gross darkness that we are entering into (Isaiah 60:1-2).
- Give more believers discernment concerning current events. Make us like the children of Issachar, who were
men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do…(1 Chronicles 12:32b)
- Strengthen Israel’s response to Turkey’s attacks.
- Thank You for exposing Turkey’s Prime Minister Erdogan in front of Israel’s President Shimon Peres. Now open up Peres’ eyes to the truth of this peace process.
“But of the times and the seasons, brethren, you…yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction comes upon them, as travail upon a woman with child, and they shall not escape. But you…are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. You are all the children of light, the children of the day…Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.”
(1 Thessalonians 5:1-6)
Israeli elections are scheduled for February 10th and they become more vital with every passing day.
- Abba, give us a government through whom You can glorify Yourself (Psalms 115:1-3).
- Raise up godly people into positions of leadership – as per Your promises: Isaiah 1:26; Jeremiah 3:15; 23:3-4, etc.
- As far as we can see, the Likud party with Benjamin Netanyahu as leader is the closest electable possibility for Israel. Therefore, we ask that You strengthen Bibi’s heart and mind to think more in line with Your word and counsel.
- Show Netanyahu any areas of compromise that cause him to be weak.
- Thank You for his recent strong statements regarding the settlements, the borders and an undivided Jerusalem.
“There is little Benjamin, their ruler…”
- We are asking for a miracle. Let Likud win a minimum of 40 seats [out of a total 120].
- Prepare and place the right people in all major positions of authority, especially the Foreign Minister, the Defense Minister, the Finance Minister, the Minister of Education and the person in charge of the Interior Ministry.
Two issues could throw the elections. If this current ungodly government makes a deal to obtain the release of Israel’s captive soldier Gilad Shalit before the elections, it could cause many to vote for Livni and Kadima, or Barak and Labor. Also, Avigdor Lieberman, head of Yisrael Betainu, basically a Russian immigrant party, is undergoing police investigations. Whether valid or not, the fact of the investigations starting so close to the elections could cause multitudes of Russian Israeli citizens to vote for him – instead of Likud – as a statement of solidarity.
- Lord, have mercy on Shalit and release him – but not for political gain.
- Abba, prevent the current talks of succeeding – of releasing 1,000 terrorists, many with blood on their hands – to be released for Shalit.
- Lord, give the Russian Israeli citizens wisdom to know who they should vote for.
There are many devices in a man’s heart; nevertheless the counsel of LORD, that shall stand.
Prevent all this from allowing Kadima to lead the next government.
“The house of the wicked shall be overthrown…”
Two other areas of manipulation are the new American government and the Israeli – for the most part – left-wing, humanistic media.
“Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel: according to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What has God done!”
(Numbers 23:23; see context from verses 20-24)
- We ask You to protect Israel from America’s manipulations during this election process.
- Lord Yeshua, wake up the American Church to their nation’s interference with God’s will for Israel’s restoration at this time.
- Open their eyes to see America’s slide into increasingly intense judgments as the USA continues to push Israel to divide Your land.
“The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is Mine and you are strangers and sojourners with Me.”
“For, behold, in those days…when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for My people and for My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and divided My land.”
- Open the eys of Israelis to be able to discern truth from lies in the Israeli media.
- Abba, let Your truth and Your Word prevail.
“For the word of LORD is right; and all His works are done in truth.”
- Raise up in Israel leaders who will not bend the knee to the world but only to You.
- Open up the eyes of George Mitchell, US President Obama’s special Middle East envoy, to take back a true report out of Zion.
Yes, the IDF fought very well in the war in Gaza, yet Israel is still surrounded by enemies on all sides. We need to continue to bring Israel’s army before the throne of LORD. God of host, the armies of heaven.
- Thank You Lord for the government allowing the IDF to respond to Hamas’ recent attacks even though they have agreed to a cease-fire.
- Give the IDF a plan of how to deal with Iran’s nuclear weapons threat – on the scale of how You directed them to deal with Jericho (Joshua 5:13-6:5).
- If Israel needs to attack Iran, may this plan be so unbelievable – yet successful – that everyone knows that You are fighting for Israel (Psalm 68:1; 121:4).
- If Israel attacks Iran, protect the Iranian Jewish and Christian communities – just like You protected Rahab and her household (Joshua 2:15; 6:20-25).
- Use the IDF to “…scatter the people that delight in war” (Psalms 68:30b).
- Provide the IDF with new weapons and tactics to defend this nation.
- May You get all the glory for whatever the IDF does:
“Now also many nations are gathered against you, that say, Let her be defiled, let our eye look upon Zion. But they know not the thoughts of LORD, neither understand they His counsel, for He shall gather them as the sheaves into the floor. Arise and thresh, O daughter of Zion, for I will make your horn iron, and I will make your hoofs bronze. You shall beat in pieces many people, and I will consecrate their gain unto LORD, and their substance unto the Lord of the whole earth.”
- Lord, Obama’s plan to talk with Iran is wrong. It will distract the world from the real danger. Therefore, we ask that You would quickly reveal to the new US administration that Iran’s intentions are deadly.
“For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Therefore whatsoever you have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which you have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.”
We finished by praying for water – both the physical and spiritual kind. And Israel needs a downpour of each one.
- Fill the Israeli Body of Messiah with Your Holy Spirit so that we can be Your witnesses here in Your land.
- Save multitudes of Israelis this coming year.
“For thus says LORD; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish, praise, and say, O LORD, save Your people, the remnant of Israel.”
- Because of who You are – the faithful and merciful God – we ask for the heavens to open and for You to provide all of the physical water that Israel needs.
- Let this be seen as a sign of Your continued love and everlasting covenant to this nation.
“…I have loved you with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn you.”
We thank you so much for Your prayers for the past week’s prayer conference.
Please know that your standing in the gap for this nation is making a difference.
Shabbat shalom and blessings from Jerusalem,
The IFI Team
“Blessed be LORD out of Zion, who dwells at Jerusalem. Praise LORD.”