With Israel’s national elections being held next Tuesday, it is good to know that next Shabbat’s prophetic portion concludes with Isaiah 9:6-7.
“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of LORD [Yhwh] of hosts will perform this.”
- Thank You Lord for being so faithful – even when this nation, for the most part, remains faithless.
- We declare that regardless of what we see – LORD reigns! (Psalm 93:1; 96:10; 97:1; 99:1)
Israeli elections are coming at a very critical time in the history of this nation. She is surrounded by enemies – on all sides. Iran is marching towards nuclear weapons – and no one appears able to stop her. America has a new president who is striving to be friends with Arab and Islamic nations, which usually comes by forcing Israel to pay a price. And anti-Semitism is quickly rising worldwide. Israel needs strong leaders who see clearly and are not ashamed over Israel’s current restoration.
- Lord, we ask You to overrule these elections so that we end up having a government through whom You can be glorified.
“…the most high God rules in the kingdom of men. He appoints over it whomsoever He will.”
- We ask You specifically that You allow the Likud party – with Benjamin Netanyahu as head – to win an overwhelming victory (Psalm 68:27).
- From this week’s prophetic portion:
“My heart is toward the governors of Israel, that offered themselves willingly among the people. Bless the LORD.”(Judges 5:9)
- God, raise up leaders who see themselves as servants for Your people and are willing to offer themselves for what is best for this nation – and not just their own political careers.
According to the most recent polls, 29% of Israel’s electorate are still undecided.
- Abba, wake up Your people to vote.
- Remove all apathy and discouragement from this battered people.
- Cause this huge undecided block to vote in line with Your will.
- Open up the eyes of Israelis to see that this current government has started two wars – and did not adequately finish either one.
- May they be punished at the polls for sacrificing our soldiers – yet not having the courage to make their sacrifice worthwhile.
“Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by Him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.”
(1 Peter 2:13-14)
- Protect southern Israel from rocket attacks from Gaza on election day that would prevent folks from casting their votes.
Please pray for the protection of Israel’s electorate from manipulation in all forms – but especially from the media and from America, which has actually interfered with many of Israel’s recent elections in one way or another.
“Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel: according to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What has God wrought!”
- Lord, hedge in US President Obama when he gives his first press conference Monday evening, the day before our elections. Do not allow him to interfere in anyway whatsoever.
- Protect Israelis from the very left leaning folks who dominate the Hebrew press.
- Give Israelis clarity of mind to vote in line with Your will and purposes.
“So shall they fear the name of LORD from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of LORD shall lift up a standard against him.”
This week, two reports concerning Iran should raise much concern among all the world. First, Iran reportedly launched a satellite into orbit. This indicates that Iran has the ability to produce ICBMs = International Continental Ballistic Missiles – which are capable of striking anywhere on the globe. Second, the Russian company helping Iran build its first nuclear power plant has stated it will be finished this year.
- O God, this Iranian threat is very real. We cry out to you,
“Let God arise. let His enemies be scattered. Let them also that hate Him flee before Him… [Lord] scatter the people that delight in war.”(Psalms 68:1,30)
- Wake up Israelis to recognize that we need a leader who both sees that this threat is very real and very dangerous and will have the courage to deal with it. [Netanyahu has been shouting from the rooftops about this threat for years – both here in Israel and throughout the West!]
- LORD of hosts – just like You did with Joshua before he attacked Jericho – give the IDF divine plans on how to deal with this threat (Joshua 5:13-6:5).
- If need be, push Israel to deal with Iran before they have a nuclear bomb.
“For I will cause Elam [ancient Persia – modern Iran] to be dismayed before their enemies, and before them that seek their life: and I will bring evil upon them, even My fierce anger… I will set My throne in Elam, and will destroy from there the king and the princes, says LORD.”
[Many Iranian believers see this prophecy against Elam found in Jeremiah 49:34-39, as speaking about Iran today.]
- O God, this Iranian threat is very real. We cry out to you,
The water situation in Israel is desperate. The Kinneret, [the Sea of Galilee] has actually shrunk during this winter which is Israel’s rainy season.
- Lord, we confess the sin of this present government in dividing Your land when they gave away Gaza and uprooted Your people there (Joel 3:1-2).
- Cause Your rain to fall after the elections as a sign of Your favor – especially if we get a government through whom You can glorify Yourself.
- Help the next government see that Israel’s water situation needs to be one of it’s top priorities.
- We ask that You miraculously fill up the Kinneret and the aquifers throughout this dry land.
“God, You did send a plentiful [lit: freewill, that is, God’s gracious decision] rain, whereby You did confirm [establish] Your inheritance, when it was weary.”
- Pour out the rain and snow in just the right places.
- Abba, help Israelis to be much more careful in their use of water.
- Lord, in this week’s Torah portion You made bitter water sweet and brought water out of the rock for Your stubborn, stiff necked, complaining people in the wilderness. How much more should You give Your people – whom You brought back from the nations – enough water to help make Your land blossom as a rose!
We ended by praying for the Israeli Body to take up their responsibility to stand in the gap – especially this weekend – for the elections next week.
“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.”
(1 Timothy 2:1-4)
- Wake up the children of light:
“But of the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, ‘Peace and safety,’ then sudden destruction comes upon them… and they shall not escape. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. You are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.”
(1 Thessalonians 5:1-6)
- May we do that which You expect Your people to do:
“If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways – then will I hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
(2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Help all Israeli congregational leaders see the very real connection between Your Kingdom purposes and the restoration of the Jewish people to Your/their land (Ezekiel 36).
Bless you for standing in the gap as led by the Spirit of Messiah Yeshua.
The IFI team
“I will give you pastors according to My heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.”