In the face of last night's UN Security Council resolution demanding an Israeli cease-fire in her battle with Hamas, we read the following portions from the Word and praised God for His overriding sovereignty.
“Why do the nations rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against LORD [YHWH], and against His anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sits in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall He speak unto them in His wrath, and vex them in His sore displeasure. Yet have I set My king upon My holy hill of Zion.”
“The ten horns which you saw are ten kings…These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with Him are called, and chosen, and faithful. And…the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these shall hate the whore, shall make her desolate and naked, shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. For God has put in their hearts to fulfill His will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled”
The UNSC Resolution, in treating the nation of Israel and the terrorist group Hamas as equal players on the world stage, is further proof that the “gross darkness” prophesied to cover the people (Isaiah 60:2) is a reality today.
- Lord, overrule Israelis current leaders – Olmert, Livni and Barak. May they not cave into this unjust resolution.
- We want Your counsel to stand.
“There are many devices in a man's heart; never-theless the counsel of LORD, that shall stand.” (Proverbs 19:21; Psalm 33:10-11)
“Arise, LORD; let not man prevail: let the nations be judged in Your sight. Put them in fear, LORD, that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.”
- There are so many prophetic possibilities in what we see happening in the world today, that we ask You Lord, to teach us how to pray.
- Father, do not allow Israel to lift the siege on Gaza until Gilad Shalit, our POW, is set free.
- Lord, forbid any further successful kidnapping attempts.
- May Israel insist that Hamas is put into a situation where they cannot be rearmed.
“LORD is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of His land.” (Psalms 10:16)Remove Hamas from Gaza – which is part of Your land.
- Bless and protect all of the pro-Israel demonstrations occurring in the world today.
The IDF has been doing a much better job than in the 2nd Lebanon War. And for that we are very grateful. That is both an answer to prayer and an encouragement to continue to lift them up in prayer.
“Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered. Let them also that hate Him flee before Him…Rebuke the company of spearmen…[God] scatter the people that delight in war…the God of Israel is He that gives strength and power unto His people. Blessed be God.”
“Behold, He that guards Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.”
- Lord, may the fear of God come upon Israel's enemies (Exodus 14:25).
- Remove from the IDF all confusion and unclear communications.
- Since Hamas hates Zion, we pray,
“Let them all be confounded and turned back that hate Zion.” (Psalms 129:5)
- Give supernatural wisdom and anointing to the IDF leaders.
“In that day will I make the governors [allufim – generals] of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.” (Zechariah 12:6)
Israeli elections are still scheduled to be held February 10th.
- Abba, since the Labor and Kadima parties led Israel into this terrible situation through withdrawing from both South Lebanon and Gaza, prevent them from gaining any benefit as they try to clean up their mess.
- Judge them in the next elections for dividing Your land as per Joel 3:1-2:
“For, behold, in those days…when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for My people and for My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and divided my land.”
- We ask for an overwhelming victory for Likud and Netanyahu – because they are the one major political party much closer to Your revealed will for this nation.
- Anoint Netanyahu and the rest of the Likud team with real wisdom and sharpness to lay out the situation clearly once election campaigning restarts.
- Awaken Israelis to truth.
“Only fear LORD, and serve Him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things He has done for you.” (1 Samuel 12:24)
- Give us a government through whom You can glorify Yourself (Ezekiel 36:23).
We were led to pray that this current – very tense and dangerous -situation, would have the effect of causing many Israelis to cry out to God.
“O LORD, save Your people, the remnant of Israel.”
- Lord Yeshua, reveal Yourself to many soldiers who are involved one way or another in this war.
“Call upon Me in the day of trouble. I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”
- Abba, comfort those who have lost loved ones, or have to deal with loved ones being injured, during this past week's battles.
Israel is in great need of much physical water – as rain or in some other way.
“You, God, did send plentiful rain, whereby You did confirm Your inheritance, when it was weary.” (Psalms 68:9)Abba, we are a weary nation. Watch over this word.
- Surprise us by filling up the Sea of Galilee and the aquifers, as well as sending lots of snow to the Hermon.
- We need Your promised miraculous supply – now!
“When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none…I LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water…That they may see, and know, consider, and understand together, that the hand of LORD has done this, the Holy One of Israel has created it.” (Isaiah 41:17-20)
- Give us a government that will make the water situation a top priority.
IFI's International Prayer Conference starts a week from this Monday. We do appreciate you standing with us in prayer – whether you can make it here or not.
- Lord, bring every one whom You have ordained to be here and keep away all those who are supposed to be elsewhere during that week.
- Place on our hearts the prayers on Your heart.
- Anoint the leadership team to both teach and lead in prayer and bring the leaders and congregation into a quick, Spirit-led, unity.
- Also, anoint the administrative team with all the tasks they need to do.
- Let nothing be left out that needs to be done or prayed.
- Ultimately, we want You to be pleased and glorified by the end of this conference.
“Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto Your name give glory, for Your mercy, and Your truth's sake. Why should the nations say, Where is now their God? But our God is in the heavens: He has done whatsoever He has pleased.”
We thank you for your faithfulness in standing with Israel and us in prayer.
The IFI Team