- This Shabbat’s prophetic reading introduces a series of readings of comfort following the fast of Tisha b’Av and leading up to Rosh Hashanah. It starts with these verses:
Comfort, O comfort My people, says your God. Speak tenderly to the heart of Jerusalem, and cry to her that her warfare is done, that her iniquity is pardoned; for she has received of YHWH’s hand double for all her sins…Say to the cities of Judah, ‘Behold your God!’
Isaiah 40:1-2, 9b
- We bless You for being the God of all Comfort (John 14:16, 26 – note that the Holy Spirit is called by Yeshua another Comforter who takes His place with His disciples; 2 Corinthians 1:3).
- Thank You for being faithful to watch over Your Word to do that which You have said (Jeremiah 1:12).
- As a Father with his child, You chasten Israel – and us. Thank You! (Deuteronomy 8:5; Hebrews 12:6).
- Again, we are so encouraged that You are unchangeable and forever faithful (Malachi 3:6; Isaiah 49:7).
God is not a man that He should lie; neither the son of man that He should repent. Has He said, and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken, and shall He not make it good?
Hallelujah – for the Lord God omnipotent reigns!
- We prayed for Prime Minster Bibi Netanyahu and family as they continue to be the target of Bibi-haters and the left wing media – yet there is still no proof of anything criminal on his part.
- Lord, these attacks are becoming more vicious and are now being directed after his family. Touch and comfort him and his family over this weekend (Psalm 18:2).
But You, O YHWH, are a shield for me; my glory, the One who lifts up my head.
Let Your hand be on the Man of Your right hand, on the Son of man whom You have made strong for Yourself.
- Abba, as You did with Daniel, shut the mouths of the lions – especially the media mouths (Daniel 6:22).
- Allow all truth revealed in all investigations against Netanyahu to come forth (John 3:21).
- Stop all false accusations and innuendoes from being broadcast (Romans 1:18).
- As the heart of the leaders are in Your hands (Proverbs 21:1), turn Bibi’s heart towards You and deafen him from all demonic accusations from the Adversary.
- May these attacks cause him and his family to throw themselves on Your mercy (Psalm 27:11-13).
- Quicken this week’s Torah portion to Netanyahu – especially this verse:
Hear, O, Israel. YHWH our God, YHWH is one.(Deuteronomy 6:4)
- Israel is confronted both inside and out with enemies and other major issues. This is not a time for Netanyahu and the government to be diverted or deceived by attacks against the Israeli Prime Minister.
- Lord, You raised up this government to rule Israel at this time. Strengthen and guide them.
Lead me in Your righteousness, because of my enemies; make Your way straight before my face.(Psalms 5:8)
- Use this attack against Bibi from outside to draw the government closer together.
Through wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established;(Proverbs 24:3) Give Your wisdom and understanding to Israel’s leaders so that Israel will display Your glory (Isaiah 44:23; 45:13).
- Aid Netanyahu to communicate clearly to the rest of the government.
- Let his co-laborers, like Bennett, Liberman and even Deri, lift up his arms at this time (Exodus 17:12).
- Lord Yeshua, ultimately the government is upon Your shoulders. Please intervene and rule (Isaiah 9:7).
Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and no other is God, even none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from the past things which were not done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure;
- Lord, You raised up this government to rule Israel at this time. Strengthen and guide them.
- Israel’s security situation in the north, along the Lebanese and Syrian borders, is becoming more dangerous with every passing week. The Trump-Putin cease-fire agreement concerning Syria leaves Iran and Hizbullah in that nation – close to Israel’s border. We prayed for Israel’s intelligence services and their ability to communicate with the government clearly and concisely.
The horse is prepared for the day of battle; but safety is from YHWH.
- Help Israel to prepare its “horses” for the day of battle.
- As with Elisha, let Israel’s military intelligence know what is happening in all the war rooms of Israel’s surrounding enemies (2 Kings 6:8-12).
- Protect all Israel’s collectors of intelligence – its spies, collaborators, satellites, cyberwarfare, etc.
- Protect Israel from receiving “fake” intelligence reports.
- Use the Messianic Jews in the IDF – especially in the intelligence branches – to move in the gifts of the Spirit that are needed at this time (1 Corinthians 12:4-11). May these believers be listened to.
- Bless and keep “Tsar” Putin and his army – far from Israel. Ditto with the Iranians.
- Lord God of hosts, give Israel’s leaders courage to pre-empt if and when needed (Exodus 15:3).
- If a war breaks out, please help Israel to see it as a war and fight it as such (Psalm 3:6-8).
- We prayed for the same thing regarding the internal enemy – the Palestinians who want to see this nation destroyed.
If you go to war in your land against the enemy who fights against you, then blow with the trumpets. You shall be remembered before YHWH your God, and saved from your enemies.
- Abba, expose the truth of how much Iran was involved in the Temple Mount riots and then give Israel wisdom to know how to respond (Job 12:22).
- If Israel’s internal intelligence services missed this – let them quickly learn from it and fix the problem.
- Forbid that this government bows to the idols of “peace and security” that are being pressed upon it by most of the world’s nations (1 Thessalonians 5:3).
- Thank You for clearly speaking in this Shabbat’s prophetic portion of Your relationship to the nations:
Behold, the nations are like a drop in a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the scales… All nations before Him are as nothing; and to Him they are thought to be less than nothing, and vanity… brings the rulers to nothing; He makes the judges of the earth as vanity.(Isaiah 40:15a, 17, 23)
- Arise and scatter all those who are fighting against Your will and counsel for this nation (Psalm 68:1).
- Lord, give clear counsel to Israel’s government to know how to deal with Judea, Samaria and Jerusalem – and to never see them as “occupied.”
- Peace Process – In recent days Jared Kushner, US President Trump’s son-in-law and a senior advisor on the Middle East, stated that there may be no solution to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. While many Israelis would like there to be peace, most no longer expect a solution.
I will also gather all nations, and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; and I will enter into judgment with them there on account of My people, … They have also divided up My land.
- Thank You that these changes in attitudes are an answer to our prayers against the division of the land.
- Thank You that Kushner is speaking truth. May this spread throughout the US Administration.
- May the world see that Israel has no partner for peace.
- Give Israel’s leaders wisdom in what they say and what they choose not to say in this matter.
Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips.
- Roughly half of the foreign aid received by the Palestinian Authority is paid to terrorists and families of terrorists. Expose to the world Palestinian leaders’ support for terror.
- Bless and protect those Palestinians who want true peace, who speak up for peace and stand up against the hatred of their leaders and much of their people.
- Hold back those who seek to commit evil acts against Israel.
- Tomorrowland and LGBT pride – we have recently been praying that the “Tomorrowland” music festival would not be held in Israel, but last weekend it took place. Yesterday the annual LGBT pride parade was held in Jerusalem. While we know that God hates these things, He still loves the (mostly) young people involved in this demonic part of the music scene and also those trapped in the gay community. Such events represent invitations to Satan to come in and take a place of authority in the Lord’s own land. As a nation this is nothing new and we need to cry out for the Lord’s mercy.
- Please Lord have mercy, cleanse Your land and rescue Your people once again.
Restore us, O God of hosts; cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved!
For according to the number of your cities were your gods, O Judah; and according to the number of the streets of Jerusalem you have set up altars to that shameful thing, altars to burn incense to Baal.
- Save many LGBT people and turn them from their sins. Anoint believers who have been saved out of that community and give them influence.
- Give wisdom to politicians like Jerusalem mayor, Nir Barkat, who excused himself from participating in the parade while seeking not to alienate the people.
- Expose the sinister agenda which lies behind promoting the LGBT lifestyle.
For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.
- Aliyah – The Lord is bringing His people home. A large plane-load of French Jews recently arrived to make Aliyah. But there are still so many more for whom to pray.
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy, and gathered out of the lands, from the east and from the west, from the north and from the south.
- Lord, despite all that’s going on in Europe, most of the Jews still seem to be stuck. Unstick them, Lord!
- Set the millions of American Jews free!
- If they can’t move themselves let them send their children!
- Speak to rabbis so they encourage their whole communities to make Aliyah!
- Open the doors for the Ethiopian Jews and the Bnei Menashe from India and to other groups which are not being encouraged to come to Israel.
- Anoint the Jewish agency to inspire Aliyah. Use them to
Set up signposts, make landmarks…(Jeremiah 31:21)
- Use Your Church to encourage and support Aliyah and absorption of new immigrants once they are home. Eg touch multitudes of believers to support new immigrants in Israel.
- Give Your Church a hunger and thirst for the truth of Your Word so they will understand what You say about Aliyah.
- May the Church teach about Israel for Your holy name’s sake.
- Throw out those leaders who teach contrary to Your Word.
- Encourage and use those small hidden groups who understand the truth, live it, teach it and pray for it.
- IFI – We thank the Lord, that our Chairman, Eliyahu, is recovering well from his recent surgery. Also that we are able to move forward with plans for next year’s conference. Next week there will be a meeting in the Galilee encouraging more prayer for the nation.
- Continue to heal Eliyahu, and also David, the son of our administrator.
- Give wisdom as we plan next January’s prayer conference and bring all the help we need.
- Anoint the meeting in the Galilee and raise up prayer for Israel everywhere – especially in Israel!
- Keep IFI focused on Your priorities and not distracted.
- Encourage and inspire all who are interceding for Israel, here and throughout the world!